Acts 2:1-13 A Sign of a New Church
Romans 1:20 (NIV)
20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities–his eternal power and divine nature–have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
Audio Only – Acts 2:1-13 A Strong Wind Blowing
1. In what languages can you say “hello”, “where is the restroom”, and other basic necessities ?
2. What was the first language you really wanted to learn?
3. Who was this passage of scripture written about? Who are “they” of verse 1?
4. How do we know if a passage is descriptive or prescriptive? What does that mean anyway? Give some examples of both found in the Scriptures.
5. What were the miracles of this portion of Scripture?
6. What was the significance of the “wind” and “fire” of verses 2-3? (wind 1 Kings 19:11-13; Eze 3:12-13; Eze 37:9-10; Jn. 3:8; fire Isa 6:4-8; Jer 23:29; Mal 3:2-3; Mat 3:11 )
7. What happened to the believers when they were filled with the Holy Spirit? (4) (Act 4:8,31; 6:3,5, 8;7:55; 9:17; 11:24; 13:9-10,52; Lk 1:15,41,67; 4:1; Jn 14:26;20:22 ; Rom 15:13)
8. Is speaking in tongues normative? Should all spirit filled believers do the same? Why or why not?
9. How does Luke describe the gift?
10. Do you now or have you ever spoken in tongues?
11. Was that gift just for the people of Luke’s day? Why or why not? Scripture to back that up please…
12. What was it that those who came running heard?
13. What did you first learn about the baptism of the Holy Spirit and from whom did you learn it? What does it mean to be filled with the Holy Spirit?